One of the most important things to remember when it comes to marketing is that word-of-mouth marketing rules. It is the most effective form of marketing that there is, as well as the most coveted. The good news is that rather than simply crossing your fingers and wishing for it, there are things you can do to help make it happen more often.
When your customers spread a favorable message about your product or service you save money, but you also increase your bottom line. In other words, you will have spent less money bringing that new person through the door, but you are likely to get a sale out of them. Here are some tips for getting your customers to help your word-of-mouth marketing efforts:
- Get testimonials. Ask your happy repeat customers if they can write you up a short testimonial about their experience with your company. Either create a page on your site or have an area on your brochure where these are posted. They speak for themselves.
- Use social media. Many companies are taking advantage of social media when it comes to marketing. These tools have made it easy for your customers to share info about your company. This includes on review sites, Facebook, Pinterest, and other social sites.
- Make it impossible not to. When you provide good products and services people can’t help but to tell others. Focus on being great and your customers will help you with word-of-mouth marketing.
- Give them incentives. There is nothing wrong with offering referral bonuses to your happy customers. This marketing route will help entice more customers to speak out on your behalf.
- Ask them to. This is one of the simplest ideas with marketing, yet many businesses overlook the power of it. Simply ask your customers to refer your business if they are happy. Do it on social media, in person, or whenever you get the chance to.
When your customers do help with your marketing efforts be sure to thank them. Showing a little appreciation for their referrals and kind reviews will go a long way to getting them to continue providing them. Every business needs to engage in marketing in order to be successful. Getting word-of-mouth referrals is an affordable and simple way to bring more business your way!