If you have considered marketing on Pinterest you are not alone. Many businesses of all size are turning to social media sites as part of their marketing effort. Pinterest is one of those social media sites that are quickly gaining in popularity, providing businesses with another effective way to market their products and services. It’s easy to use, visually appealing, and can be a great way to get people to share information about your business.
Before taking the plunge to create your Pinterest boards, or if you already have, it is important to know about the site so you get the most out of your efforts. Here are 5 things to know about marketing on Pinterest:
- Number of users. There are over 50 million users on Pinterest. That alone should be reason enough to consider it as a marketing avenue. You need ways to reach your audience and Pinterest may just be one of them.
- Demographics. Knowing the demographics of those using the site can also help you determine what to market on it. Pinterest users are five times more likely to be women, are majority white, and are typically between the ages of 18-49. They also have some college education and earn over $50,000 annually.
- Visual impact. The whole concept behind Pinterest is having visual boards of things that people have pinned on them. It’s all visually based, which means that you need to make sure you are using good images that will catch people’s attention and make them want to pin it to their board.
- Content counts. Although the image is the first thing people see, the content that it is linked to is going to matter. Give people content they will want to pin and share with others.
- Getting followers. It is important on Pinterest to have followers. You can gain them by adding a Pinterest button to your website and product pages, encouraging people to pin your items, and by following others.
The good things about using Pinterest for marketing are that you won’t spend lots of money or time doing it. With putting in even 15 minutes per day toward your Pinterest marketing efforts you can help to build a following and get your business spread around to others. That’s marketing that is worth trying, just be careful that you don’t get addicted and spend your days pinning other recipes and do-it-yourself home decorating ideas!
What do you think?